October 8, 2015

Miniature Spotlight: Vörtun, Troll Kappi from Mierce Miniatures

Oh boy, it's been a while since my last post. My D&D group finished the first Dark Prophet Chronicles campaign and we started a new monthly Pathfinder game, the Kingmaker campaign, to be exact. We are all very excited about this and I'm looking forward to a complete different approach on playing this campaign, since our last campaign was focused on miniature battles while the Kingmaker campaign has a stronger focus on role-playing than on combat. But miniature battles will be a part of the new campaign too, of course, and I will post photos of interesting encounters and table setups in the coming months.
I will also post the remaining photos of the first Dark Prophet Chronicles campaign and start to make more updates about what is going on in my gaming life. Blogging about gaming in the last two years was almost impossible for me, because my work life swallowed me whole. But thankfully things have normalized and have become way less stressful again and will remain so in the foreseeable future. :D :D :D *happydance*
That means I finally have time to edit and post photos of all that was going on on my gaming table in 2014 and '15 and can start to post updates more regularly about my current gaming life. And I also can paint a lot more, game a lot more and and and....well, let's just say I'm pretty excited things finally begin to become normal again. :) .

As I said, I finally can paint again on a regular basis. The first result of that is this fellow:



This is Vörtun, Troll Kappi from Mierce Miniatures. It's an absolutely awesome and beautiful miniature which was really fun to paint. I painted him with both airbrush and traditional brush techniques and used tree bark for the rocks. I added a few skulls from Secret Weapon Miniatures on the base as well as the "early fall" two colored tufts from Mininatur (I switch between scale 1:45 and 1:87, both work fine and you can switch for variety).



No comments: