November 8, 2011

The Happy Spender: Badger Renegade Krome RK-1 Detail Airbrush


After a lot of thoughts and toying with the idea for over a year I finally got myself an airbrush. I decided to go for the Badger Renegade Krome RK-1 Detail Airbrush together with a oil-less compressor. My package arrived today:




It was a tough decision to invest a couple of hundrets bucks in a completly new painting method instead of new models, terrain etc. And not only the purchase of a whole new set of equipment and tools was the reason I waited for so long but also the fact that I don't really find the time anymore to paint on a regular basis. But I decided not let get stopped by these reasons. No more excuses! It's time to level up my painting skills. Who needs free time anyway? That's for sissies! ;)
I'm really happy with my decision to go for it. I always admired the works of Les Bursley and Darthburn (to name just two) and their combination of awesome painting skills combined with epic airbrush skills really sets a new level for me. I'm looking forward to make my first steps with the airbrush. I actually tested it already making really awesome dots and scrawly lines on a piece of paper and I'm quite pleased with the handling of the Krome. It sits comfortably in the hand and is easy to control. That's a good start. :)

No comments: